Blood STASIS™-CTC Blood Collection Tubes
tubes for blood collection, anti-coagulation, stabilization, transport, and storage of venous whole blood, as well as for CTC (circulating tumour cells) preservation
CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK
Blood collection and stabilization for:
- analysis of circulating tumour cells
- Cancer genomic research
- Immunophenotyping of white blood cells
- HIV genomic research
- Maintains white blood cell cluster of differentiation (CD) markers at room temperature for convenient transport and storage
- Prevents effect of time, storage conditions on sample integrity
- Allows samples to be batched to improve laboratory efficiency
The Blood STASIS™-CTC is a plastic, evacuated tube used for collection, anti-coagulation, stabilization, transport, and storage of venous whole blood as well as for the preservation of circulating tumour cells at room temperature for convenient transport and storage. The Blood STASIS™-CTC Tube has a non-fixative additive inside, that helps maintain the viability of blood cells including circulating tumor cells (CTCs); and peripheral mononucleosis blood cells (PMBCs- ie B cells, and T cells).
- CTCs are stable for up to 7 days at 4oC to 37oC
- PMBCs are stable up to 3 days 4oC to 37oC
This is a short overview of the protocol, for detailed protocols, please refer to PRODUCT DOCUMENTS
Procedure for Specimen Collection
- Blood STASIS™ - CTC tube should be properly labeled and be at room temperature before use.
- Collection of blood in the tube is done using the SOP for venipuncture technique used in customer’s laboratory.
Preventing back flow
- To guard against back flow, observe the precautions mentioned in our protocol.
- Fill Blood STASIS™ - CTC tube to the indicated line on the tube.
- Invert the tube 8 to 10 times gently to allow efficient stabilization of specimen.
- BS-CT3-200 Blood STASIS™-CTC 3 mL (200) includes 200 x 3 mL Blood STASIS – CTC Blood Collection Tubes.
- BS-CT6-100 Blood STASIS™-CTC 6 mL (100) includes 100 x 6 mL Blood STASIS – CTC Blood Collection Tubes.
- BS-CT10-100 Blood STASIS™- CTC 9 mL (100) includes 100 x 9 mL Blood STASIS – CTC Blood Collection Tubes.
For Research Use Only. Not for Use in Diagnostic Procedures.
No references yet. Want to share one? Write us an email.