HighPrep™ Blood DNA-FTA Kit
magnetic beads based kit for high quality genomic DNA isolation from blood samples stabilized on FTA cards
Genomic DNA extraction for:
- PCR, Real-time PCR
- Southern blotting
- Cloning, genotyping
- Efficient isolation of DNA from FTA card
- High yield of DNA from small volume blood samples
- Less fragmented and much purer gDNA
HighPrep™ Blood DNA-FTA Kit utilizes paramagnetic beads to isolate genomic DNA (gDNA) from FTA card; resulting in high quantity and quality DNA from human blood spots usable in various genomic downstream applications (ie PCR, and qPCR). HighPrep™ Blood DNA-FTA Kit could be used for few samples as well as in high throughput setting on automated workflow.
This is a short overview of the protocol, for detailed protocols, please refer to PRODUCT DOCUMENTS
- Prepare Sample
- Lyse using MB Lysis Buffer and add Pro K Solution
- Add MB Binding Buffer
- Add 100% Ethanol and Mag-D2 Particles and let the DNA bind to the beads.
- Add MPW Buffer
- Add FDW Buffer for 2 washes
- Elute using heated Elution Buffer
- Store DNA at -20°C.
- Mag-D2 Particles
- MB Lysis Buffer
- MB Binding Buffer
- MPW Wash Buffer
- FDW Wash Buffer
- MB Elution Buffer
- Proteinase K Solution
- DNA Binding Enhancer DBE
MAG-D2 particles, Pro K solution and DNA Binding Enhancer should be stored at 2-8°C. All other components stored at 15-25°C.
14 months when kit components are stored as directed.