HighPrep™ Insect DNA Kit
Magnetic beads based kit designed to extract high-quality genomic DNA from insects, and arthropods (from one leg or wing to the whole body).
Genomic DNA isolation from insects for:
- PCR, Real-time PCR
- Cloning, genotyping
- Insecticide resistance studies
- Efficient isolation of PCR-quality DNA from insects, and arthropods
- No organic solvents
- Allows field epidemiologic research
- Magnetic beads based chemistry adaptable to automation
The HighPrep™ Insect DNA Kit is a high quality paramagnetic bead-based genomic DNA extraction kit used to isolate gDNA from a variety of insect-derived materials (wings, legs, whole body), and from different insect species, such as mosquitoes, flies, ants, and others. The HighPrep™ Insect DNA Kit is based on a fast and simple procedure which can either be performed manually or automated - up to 96 samples of tissues including legs and wings, can be processed in less than an hour.
This is a short overview of the protocol, for all detailed protocols, please refer to PRODUCT DOCUMENTS
- Add sample to well of 1.2 mL deep-well plate.
- Bring sample volume up to with PBS or with MB Elution Buffer.
- Add Pro K Solution
- Add MAS Buffer
- Add 100 % ethanol and 10 µL MAG-S1 particles
- Wash by adding 70% ethanol to the sample
- Elution done by using MB Elution Buffer
- Store DNA at -20°C.
- MAS Buffer
- MTS Buffer
- HSW Buffer
- MB Elution Buffer
- Pro K Solution
- MAG-S1 particles
MAG-S1 particles and Pro K solution should be stored at 2-8°C. All other components stored at 15-25°C.
14 months when kit components are stored as directed.