HighPrep™ Plasmid DNA Plus Kit
Magnetic beads based kit designed to extract high-quality plasmid DNA (including Cosmids, Fosmids, and BACs) from bacterial cultures.
Plasmid DNA isolation for:
- PCR, Real-time PCR
- Cloning, genotyping
- Sequencing, NGS
- High quality plasmid DNA purification
- High yields of both high and low copy number plasmids
- Adaptable to various automated liquid handling workstations
- No toxic organic solvents
The HighPrep™ Plasmid DNA kit is a magnetic beads-based plasmid purification system for high throughput rapid isolation of both high and low copy number plasmid DNA from bacterial cultures as well as for isolation of BACs, PACs, Cosmids or Fosmids. The system can easily be automated on many liquid handling workstations, providing robustness and high-quality plasmid DNA for subsequent downstream applications such as restriction digestion, PCR, cloning and fluorescent DNA sequencing.
This is a short overview of the protocol, for all detailed protocols, please refer to PRODUCT DOCUMENTS
- Grow 1.0-1.5 ml E.coli LB cultures in a 2 mL 96-well culture plate at 37°C with agitation for 16-20 hours.
- Add SOL1 for suspension
- Add SOL2 for lysis
- Add of chilled (4°C) Neutralization Buffer
- Add MAG-S1 particles and 100% Isopropanol to each well.
- Wash the wells with 70% ethanol and mix
- Elution done using MB Elution Buffer
- Store DNA at -20°C.
|Main functions||DNA isolation of low/high copy plasmid DNA, Cosmid and Fosmids|
|Starting material (Sample matrix)||1.0 to 1.5 mL of culture; Culture absorbance (OD600) should be between 2 and 3|
|Process method||Manual or automation|
|Instrument||Adaptable to most nucleic acid purification instruments but a ready-made script for Kingfisher Flex is available upon request|
|Purification method||Magnetic bead-based technology|
|Elution Volume||≥ 50 µl|
|Purity||Plasmid DNA can be used in a wide variety of downstream applications such as sequencing, PCR, expression of proteins, transfection, and gene
|Lysate clearance||Lysate cleared by centrifugation|