HighPrep Plant RNA Plus Kit
Magnetic beads based kit designed to extract high-quality RNA from plants (leaves, roots, seeds).
Plant genomic RNA isolation for:
- PCR, Real-time PCR
- Cloning, genotyping
- Plant breeding
- Purified PCR grade RNA with no inhibiting substances (polysaccharides and phenols)
- Includes beads to homogenize sample
- Eliminate need of grinding
- Adaptable to automation
The HighPrep™ Plant RNA Plus Kit is specially designed for purifying RNA from a wide range of plant and fungi species. The kit uses the special lysis condition with HighPrep™ magnetic particles technology to isolate the high-quality RNA. Our kit's unique binding conditions ensure that only RNA will bind to the magnetic particles while most of the contaminating cellular proteinaceous components are removed. The purified RNA is of the highest integrity, and can be used in a number of downstream applications including real time PCR, Southern blotting, SNP analysis and NGS etc. The HighPrep™ Plant RNA Plus Kit (Magnetic Bead System) can be easily adapted to automated magnetic bead separation instruments and work stations.
This is a short overview of the protocol, for all detailed protocols, please refer to PRODUCT DOCUMENTS
- Plant samples are disrupted in a homogenizer/bead based milling equipment.
- RL Buffer is added to lyse the sample.
- Supernatant is then transferred to a new processing plate where MAG-R5 particles are added to bind to the DNA.
- Following a few wash steps, DNA is eluted from the MAG-R5 particles for downstream application.
|Isolation of RNA from a wide range of plant and fungi species.
|Starting material (Sample matrix)
|Plant and fungi species including any pathogen RNA present
|Sample amount (Input)
|Can be scaled up
|Flowers, fruit, stems, buds, leaves, seeds, etc.
|Manual or automation
|Need a disruptor/pulverizer for sample homogenization.
The RNA extraction protocol is adaptable to most nucleic acid purification instruments but a ready- made script for Kingfisher Flex is available upon
|Magnetic bead-based technology
|≥ 50 µl
|High quality RNA ready for all sensitive downstream applications such as RTPCR, Next Generation Sequencing, hybridization, microarray etc.
A260/A280 ratio of ≥1.8